Thursday, December 30, 2010

PAINEMBER
















they tell you,
alcohol is addictive
it kills you slow.

they say,
drugs
destroy you,
drives you crazy.

religion,
is for the fanatics,
and i am not one.

and suicide, they say
is for cowards
though everyone
is afraid of death.

i have just one question.

when music
makes me fight
memories i need to forget

when i drive
and miss
the other hand on the gearknob,
holding mine

when i eat
and cant see
those stifled giggles
on how i lick my plate

when i write
on the sand
my name beside her's
and watch helplessly
as the sea
swallows a dream alive
time after time

when i crave
that head on my chest,
the breath on my neck,
the taste of her cracked lips
that strand of hair
to tuck behind her ear

answer me.

tell me how.
give me a way
to numb the pain
to not to remember
a life lost.
show me how
to forget

love.




(image: water colour by gaya)


7 comments:

gaya said...

love.
tel me too a way. owsme lines.

Nirmal Joy said...

@gaya: let's hope u wont need to find a way to forget..

Mahi said...

it,s something.... great man,,,,,

gaya said...

dont hav any wrds to thank you. :)I feel honored.:)

Arjun Prasad said...

dude..pls dont mind..m sharin it wit my frnds..there are a few who needs to read somethin like this..includin me...:(

Nirmal Joy said...

@arjun: fee free to use it anyway you feel like.. i wud greatly appreciate if u link them to the blog.. thanks..:)

Nirmal Joy said...

@arjun: actally.. i dont know whether to fell happy or sad when i hear people say they connect with this:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...