Friday, April 22, 2011

Now that you are gone


Now that you are gone
I feel like
I am a newborn.

I was Atlas*
Your love
was the world on my shoulders
Now that the world lies shattered
Once again,
I can stand up tall.

I can stand up straight
Stretch my hands
And lock eyes with the sun.
Those thick roots
that covered every inch of me
Recede back.
I am naked again,
I can feel
The wind , the heat and sweat
on my pale bare skin again.

Now that you are gone
I can strum endless on my guitar
and not sing a word for you.

I can start
'thinking' again
and not dream always.

I see,
Hear and taste
The world anew.

I can cut away my veins,
The pain
would only be mine to bear,
and not share.
And if you plan to do the same,
or even just be happy,
I don't want to share either.

Call me selfish.
Cruel.
I don't care.
I feel so feathery light,
I believe I can fly.
My breaths
Are not heavy anymore.
I am Roark. **
I am free.




*Atlas
**Howard Roark

2 comments:

kris... said...

hey nj, glad t have u bk t our real world...man! awesome...
loved every line u wrote...

Mittai said...

let the broken wings get healed,
so that i can fly and touch the sky
with a bliss...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...