Thursday, October 16, 2008

APPREHENSION- (final year chronicles 1 )

First day of the final year.
Finally we are the LORDS of the jungle.
No one to show any consideration to.
Not that we have been giving anyone anything. But still somewhere
it feels nice to know I can horse around with pretty much
anyone I am going to come across in college.
Again, not that I will actually do it... :-)
But when I pause for a moment and take stock,
that arrogance is not really what I feel. Somewhere
at the back of your mind you slowly realize it’s the beginning
of the end of a transition, a transition from always being cared
to the carefree to the ones who should care. The progression from always
having someone to live for you to having to slip your life
out of your hands to someone else, to begin to live for
someone else who is not yet there.
Nostalgia aside, life hasn’t changed much.
Serious? Mature? No for sure. Hard work? Don’t even think of it.
Boredom? The class rooms, classrooms still manage to define the word.
Fun? Friendship? Films? YEAH!!!
Yet, when you close your eyes to all that; take a deep breath
and look ahead, I guess the feeling really is one of
APPREHENSION.
P.S. I have a foreboding, that final year is also going to be
synonymous with something else. A new brand of embarrassment-
you know” you are in final year and you don’t know this? Where were
you all these years?” kind of thing. But not surprisingly, and not
the least because I know anything at all,
it’s the last thing I am apprehensive about…
26-9-08 00:25

1 comment:

kris... said...

nj, tdy lakshman sir told us tht ha thot u were a northy...probably b's u dnt come t class often n even if u come u have this "where am i" kinda look!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...