Thursday, October 16, 2008

SHADOWS

SHADOWS

Shadows
My shadows
My shadows in the darkness
Long and short, they pace along
Pausing
Just for a moment everyday
To watch each other

My shadows in the darkness.

They sprout from my feet
And look back upon me
With an indifferent gaze;
Sometimes
It has a smirk on its face
A nasty, arrogant grin
Of someone who knows
I want to, but never will
Get rid of him.

Shadows.
My shadows in the darkness.

I get drenched
In stormy downpours
But they always remain
Dry and warm.
I sweat and swear
In scalding heat
But they always manage
To remain calm.
I tried counting them,
And got bored with numbers.

Then I decided
May be should learn
To live with,
To fall in love with
My unforgiving shadows.
And so I bent down
To kiss them
To hug them
And this time
They were no longer there.
They vanished into thin air.

Still,
The defeat was solely mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...